Staveley Community Ebikes gives you, your household, friends or employees access to 2 ebikes in the middle of Staveley, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Sign up once. Use the bikes whenever you want to, for however long (or short) you want, and just pay for what you, your companions or colleagues use. Rentals starts from as little as £2 per hour.
Meeting in Kendal or Windermere? Feel like a ride up Kentmere on a sunny afternoon? Just want to try out an ebike or get back on a bike after not riding one for a while?
Why rent an ebike?
- Get outside and enjoy exploring the hills and quiet lanes around Staveley with the powerful assist of an electric bike.
- Visit your friends, family, go into town by ebike and get some fresh air and exercise along the way, without breaking into a sweat.
- Have a fantastic day out on an electric bike – leave your car behind, feel good about the fuel you are saving, the carbon you aren’t emitting, and enjoy getting around without straining up the hills and looking forward to the uphills!
Have a read of the FAQ SHEET to find out more about ebikes.
How do I get access to a bike?
If you either live or work in Staveley , you are eligible to book one of the 2 ebikes (called Reston and Craggy) for yourself, your friends, family or guests.
The bikes are available self-service 24/7. They are stored in the covered walkway behind More! Bakery, on the left hand side heading towards the Innovate store.
Take a look at the rates below – really good value we think. Certainly much cheaper than standard bike hire!
- Annual Subscription – £50. It is then just £2 per hour per bike.
- 6 -month Subscription – £25. It is then just £3 per hour per bike.
- 1 Year FREE Membership (Occasional /Try-out User) – £5 per hour per bike
* You can upgrade/amend your subscription at any point.
You need to sign up first. We will then arrange to meet and take you through a brief induction. You will then be able to access the booking calendar to reserve the bikes.
What else do I need to know?
- Really sorry but only riders aged 14 and above are allowed, by law, to ride an electric bike.
- Each bike is provided with a lock, helmet and bike bag. Craggy (larger) also has panniers, to enable you to carry more luggage/shopping.
- When you register you will be asked to read and sign the Terms & Conditions
- For your induction session, you will need to bring along some form of Photo ID (eg. passport or driving licence) and current proof of address (eg. utility bill or bank statement dated within the last 6 months)
- We also offer cycle training / buddy bike support on request.
Who is behind this?
SENS – Staveley’s volunteer-run sustainability group – has received a National Lottery Community Fund grant as part of the Zero Carbon Cumbria Partnership’s emission reduction programme that helped to establish this project.
As well as offering local people, their friends, family and guests a chance to swop their car for an ebike and have a good time, SENS want to learn lessons from the pilot so that the scheme can potentially be rolled out to other communities in Cumbria in the future.